The Adventurous Child understands that when it comes to learning, you need a lot of choices for kids.
Having an outdoor Nature and Science Learning Center is a fantastic way to encourage different types of learning, and by proxy, will lend itself to different types of assessment. Some of the activities child will be able to accomplish and enjoy include:
- Use the magnifying glass to observe small objects and describe them by journaling
- Draw pictures and scribble to generate and express ideas
- Use new vocabulary picked up from these experiences (“soil,” “insects”)
- Grow plants from seeds in the garden box
- Observe and then sketch the root system of a plant using the root garden