Looking for an Independence Day outdoor activity? Try decorating the grass of your children’s outdoor play area with big patriotic flour stars.
- Piece of cardboard large enough for the star you would like to make
- Spray Bottle with water
1. To make stars on your preschool playground lawn, cut out large star stencils and the children can place them over the areas where they want to make stars.
2. The children can then use spray bottles to spray water on the grass within the stencil. This will help the flour to stick to the grass.
3. Next, use a kitchen sifter filled with flour and sift flour onto the stencil.
When the area within the stencil is white with flour, remove the stencil and…..
4. You will have beautiful flour stars in the grass!
For more ideas for outdoor art play, visit our pages about outdoor art equipment for playgrounds.