You don’t have to go to the beach to have fun with sand. A sand table is a unique piece of children’s play equipment that is designed to allow children to stand, rather than sit, as they explore and manipulate a multitude of sensory items. Children can change the physical properties of the sand by mixing water with the sand then pouring and sifting it dry. Adding water to the sand also allows children to shape and create land and water forms. They can make molds, sift the sand, and draw in the sand with sticks to make unique shapes.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Enter your email address below to receive email notifications about new posts.
Search Our Blog
- 7 Benefits of Open-Ended Art for Children June 7, 2023
- 6 Science-Focused Outdoor Games for Children April 27, 2023
- Spring Preschooler Activities to Get Them Moving! April 3, 2023
- Fun Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers March 7, 2023
- Valentine’s Day Outdoor Activities for Children February 1, 2023